-Caveat Lector-

In a message dated 11/19/01 0:53:23 AM EST, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

<<Satan Is mentioned directly in the oldest of written Hebrew scriptures, the
Book of Job.
Satan means adversary.  The adversary or enemy of the one true creator God.
Satan is mentioned indirectly as being around at the creation of the physical
universe and shouting with joy beholding the newly created universe.  He is
according to scripture a creature called a Cherubim.  God described him as
perfect in his ways until lawlessness was found in him.  He became a
criminal, so to speak, through Pride and Commerce.  All this way pre-dates
the fourth Century.>>

Extremist, I don't know if you noticed, but I did say that the church
"modeled" Satan after the Horned God.  I didn't mean that the idea of hell or
the devil was made up in the fourth century and I apologize if I was unclear.
 The point I was trying to make was that the church used the Horned God as a
picture of what Satan looked like, and as a result, led people to believe
that the pagans/witches were worshipping "Satan".

<< As a nation becomes paganized, it becomes more corrupt, the people become
more decadent and unjust, and ends up destroying itself from the inside and
then gobbled up by it's enemies.  Can't think of one exception >>

Good god.  This is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard.  Do
you realize that in this statement, you have substantiated my claims that
many Christians blame the pagans/witches for the evils in this world?  We are
NOT to blame for the downfall of society, and any statement to that effect is
insanity.  Our wish for society as a whole (pagan and non-pagan) is purity of
intent, open hearts & minds, and mutual respect.  I wonder, do you know any
pagans/witches?  Would you even ALLOW yourself to know one?  I would never
claim that the world is going to pot because of one religious belief or
another.  That is simply another form of prejudice - it's as bad as racism.

                                               Why must some followers your
church insist on breeding fear and hatred of those who believe differently
than they?  Extremist, you and I are obviously NEVER going to agree on any
"religious" issues, so we might as well not even go there.  I am happy that
you are content with your choice of religion and hope that you continue to
find comfort and peace there.  However, I also feel sorry for you - your
beliefs seem to be keeping your mind tightly shut and cut off from some
really wonderful people and ideas out there.  You could learn a lot.

I do wish you well.
Lola