-Caveat Lector-

--- THe eXTReMiST <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> At 01:51 AM 11/19/01 , you wrote:
> >-Caveat Lector-
> >
> >In a message dated 11/19/01 0:53:23 AM EST,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >writes:
> >
> ><<Satan Is mentioned directly in the oldest of
> written Hebrew scriptures, the
> >Book of Job.
> >Satan means adversary.  The adversary or enemy of
> the one true creator God.
> >Satan is mentioned indirectly as being around at
> the creation of the physical
> >universe and shouting with joy beholding the newly
> created universe.  He is
> >according to scripture a creature called a
> Cherubim.  God described him as
> >perfect in his ways until lawlessness was found in
> him.  He became a
> >criminal, so to speak, through Pride and Commerce.
> All this way pre-dates
> >the fourth Century.>>
> >
> >Extremist, I don't know if you noticed, but I did
> say that the church
> >"modeled" Satan after the Horned God.  I didn't
> mean that the idea of hell or
> >the devil was made up in the fourth century and I
> apologize if I was unclear.
> >  The point I was trying to make was that the
> church used the Horned God as a
> >picture of what Satan looked like, and as a result,
> led people to believe
> >that the pagans/witches were worshipping "Satan".
>
> There have been many caricatures of what Satan looks
> like.  My point is that mainstream Christianity and
> Paganism are one and the same.

camel puckey!

you will know people by their actions - not the texts
and/or ideologies attributed to them by HIStory

people that call themselves pagans are generally not
into forcing their views down other people's throats
which has always been the uspoken purpose of
PAULianity...they have confused things so much i don't
blame you for this mistake

it was not a pagan emperor that created this
frankenstein of a religion but a memetic manipulator
with politics in mind [constantine] that chose to
subvert both paganism [pagan means country dweller]
and the early gnostic-oriented christians [also
country dwellers] into a
psycho-political-pseudo-religion - to lure both said
parties into civilization, i.e. submission

=====
http://personals.yahoo.com