-Caveat Lector-

----- Original Message -----
From: "eric stewart" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> --- Jim Rarey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I have read all three transcripts and nowhere does
> > it cite Bush as saying he
> > saw the first plane hit a tower.
>
> from the transcript you say you read:
>
> "And I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go
> in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower -- the TV was
> obviously on, and I use to fly myself, and I said,
> 'There's one terrible pilot.' And I said, 'It must
> have been a horrible accident.'
>
> But I was whisked off there -- I didn't have much time
> to think about it, and I was sitting in the classroom,
> and Andy Card, my chief who was sitting over here
> walked in and said, 'A second plane has hit the tower.
> America's under attack.'"
>
> http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0112/04/se.04.html

OK, sounds like he was in his limo watching the story about the first plane
hitting the tower. He then went into the classroom and was later told the
second one had hit, and that, at that point, it was obvious we were under
attack, and it wasn't just pilot error.

He most likely misspoke when he claimed to have seen the first plane hit. I
was watching the news when the second plane hit, the very moment it
happened. I wouldn't have seen it except the first plane crash was on every
channel by the time the second plane hit - a lot of cameras were trained up
there by then. So, chances are Bush was watching the same reports and
happened to be in the classroom when the second plane hit.

As others have pointed out, Bush likely is complicit, but this incident and
the way Bush described it doesn't seem to point to conspiracy, just another
bit of verbal stumbling on Bush's part.

- jt