-Caveat Lector-

In a message dated 12/18/01 1:38:08 AM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

<<  It's as if "Scrooge" has been
 institutionalized. It is not hyperbole to observe that in many (if not most)
 American homes, Harry Potter is more popular than the Christ-child is. >>

A lot of this is news to me.  I don't know why it's happening.  We all
celebrated everybody's holidays when I was in school.   Mary Poppins was a
witch, and she was the one we read about in my day.  Today's kids have a
wizard.  Very few people I've known became Satanists (although I had
suspicions of the Reagans) from reading Mary Poppins, and I'll bet very few
will lose their sanity from reading Harry Potter.  I've even noticed that
reading the Bible doesn't seem to turn people into Christians.  Still I think
that Christmas will be around for quite a while.  Just why the angel would be
taken off the tree I can't fathom.  Almost every religion I can think of has
angels--Jewish, Christian, Moslem.  Maybe others as well.  Prudy