In a message dated 1/26/02 7:37:12 PM Central Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

These seem like weak arguments to me.  I would expect a Brit to say "off on
holiday" not "off on A holiday" for one.  Anyway, which foreign power is the
author pointing the finger toward?  The British or the Russians?

Indeed Ms. Valentine pulls off a few gymnastic moves in order to prove Bamford unreliable...I personally don't buy it and wonder what her agenda is.
She also points to the wording "grouping of persons"...that doesn't seem at all strange, or especially British, to me...

Bill.