-Caveat Lector-

WJPBR Email News List [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Peace at any cost is a Prelude to War!

  Wed Feb 20 02:10:07 2002
    68.3.132.0

    WAR ON THE CONSTITUTION
    By Rafe Husa

    We have bombing and war yet there is no declaration of war.

    A new Cabinet position (Homeland Security) has been created yet Congress
passed neither
    enabling legislation nor has Congress appropriated funding of such, nor
has the Cabinet
    Member been confirmed by Congress.

    "NO MONEY SHALL BE DRAWN FROM THE TREASURY, BUT IN CONSEQUENCE OF
    APPROPRIATIONS MADE BY LAW; AND A REGULAR STATEMENT AND ACCOUNT OF
    THE RECEIPTS AND EXPENDITURES OF ALL PUBLIC MONEY SHALL BE PUBLISHED
    FROM TIME TO TIME." UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION SEC 9.

    We have learned of selective suspension of Habeas Corpus yet no martial
law or state of
    emergency has been declared.

    "THE PRIVILEGE OF THE WRIT OF HABEAS CORPUS SHALL NOT BE SUSPENDED,
    UNLESS WHEN IN CASES OF REBELLION OR INVASION THE PUBLIC SAFETY MAY
    REQUIRE IT." UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION SEC 9.

    Thousands of people have disappeared with not even their lawyers knowing
their
    whereabouts.....is it protective custody or internment?

    Congress has passed legislation under duress while it was being attacked
by Anthrax mail.
    The attacks stopped immediately after Congress passed the "Patriot Act".
The source of
    anthrax is openly admitted to coming from US defense laboratories.
Congress did not even get
    a chance to read legislation that it has passed let alone debate it.

    Congressman Ron Paul (RTX) Said "IT'S MY UNDERSTANDING THE BILL WASN'T
    PRINTED BEFORE THE VOTE - AT LEAST I COULDN'T GET IT. THEY PLAYED ALL
KINDS
    OF GAMES, KEPT THE HOUSE IN SESSION ALL NIGHT, AND IT WAS A VERY
    COMPLICATED BILL. MAYBE A HANDFUL OF STAFFERS ACTUALLY READ IT, BUT THE
    BILL DEFINITELY WAS NOT AVAILABLE TO MEMBERS BEFORE THE VOTE."

    Violations

    **The First Amendment right of free speech and association;

    **The Fourth No searches without warrants, there does not now exist any
category called
    "unreasonable searches and seizures" all searches are effectively legal,
specifically secret
    searches;

    "THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO BE SECURE IN THEIR PERSONS, HOUSES,
    PAPERS, AND EFFECTS, AGAINST UNREASONABLE SEARCHES AND SEIZURES,
    SHALL NOT BE VIOLATED, AND NO WARRANTS SHALL ISSUE, BUT UPON PROBABLE
    CAUSE, SUPPORTED BY OATH OR AFFIRMATION, AND PARTICULARLY DESCRIBING
    THE PLACE TO BE SEARCHED, AND THE PERSONS OR THINGS TO BE SEIZED."
    UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION 4TH AMENDMENT.

    **The Fifth prohibition against seizure of property without due process
is gone;

    "NO PERSON SHALL BE HELD TO ANSWER FOR A CAPITAL, OR OTHERWISE
    INFAMOUS CRIME, UNLESS ON A PRESENTMENT OR INDICTMENT OF A GRAND JURY,
    EXCEPT IN CASES ARISING IN THE LAND OR NAVAL FORCES, OR IN THE MILITIA,
WHEN
    IN ACTUAL SERVICE IN TIME OF WAR OR PUBLIC DANGER; NOR SHALL ANY PERSON
    BE SUBJECT FOR THE SAME OFFENCE TO BE TWICE PUT IN JEOPARDY OF LIFE OR
    LIMB; NOR SHALL BE COMPELLED IN ANY CRIMINAL CASE TO BE A WITNESS AGAINST
    HIMSELF, NOR BE DEPRIVED OF LIFE, LIBERTY, OR PROPERTY, WITHOUT DUE
    PROCESS OF LAW; NOR SHALL PRIVATE PROPERTY BE TAKEN FOR PUBLIC USE,
    WITHOUT JUST COMPENSATION." UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION 5TH AMENDMENT.

    **As with the war on drugs, property can be seized be executive order;
people, even citizens,
    can be declared or defined terrorist by executive order;

    **Organizations, including Citizens, can be declared terrorist or
terrorist linked by executive
    order and have their assets seized and membership list confiscated.

    **Secret courts disburse secret search warrants, people are charged with
secret evidence
    which even their lawyers can not see and are unable to confront or
challenge their accusers.
    All of the above was actually legal prior to 911 but will now enter
mainstream.

    IN ALL CRIMINAL PROSECUTIONS, THE ACCUSED SHALL ENJOY THE RIGHT TO A
    SPEEDY AND PUBLIC TRIAL, BY AN IMPARTIAL JURY OF THE STATE AND DISTRICT
    WHEREIN THE CRIME SHALL HAVE BEEN COMMITTED, WHICH DISTRICT SHALL HAVE
    BEEN PREVIOUSLY ASCERTAINED BY LAW, AND TO BE INFORMED OF THE NATURE
    AND CAUSE OF THE ACCUSATION; TO BE CONFRONTED WITH THE WITNESSES
    AGAINST HIM; TO HAVE COMPULSORY PROCESS FOR OBTAINING WITNESSES IN HIS
    FAVOR, AND TO HAVE THE ASSISTANCE OF COUNSEL FOR HIS DEFENSE." UNITED
    STATES CONSTITUTION 6TH AMENDMENT.

    Open permission to kill has been given to intelligence agencies (Death
squads organized,
    financed and run by the US Gov). Who will decide which of the enemies of
the US GOV is
    beyond the pale and need to be exterminated, how long before this horror
strikes home as US
    Government certainly has many opponents both presumed and real both at
home and abroad?

    One of the internees died with an alleged heart attack. When his body was
autopsied in
    Pakistan he had several broken bones and possible internal injuries. Some
internees have
    smuggled out letters which describe the pressure to denounce each other
as a way to get out
    of isolation and or avoid immigration charges. This has occurred amid
requests from the FBI
    to legalize torture.

    The Founders saw the constitution as a limiting document on the Federal
government. They
    were afraid of exactly the kind of all pervasive intrusive Federal power.
They repeatedly clarified
    that the constitution was a restrictive document on the activities of the
Federal Government.
    The Constitution, contrary to what the public schools teach, delegates
specific powers to the
    Federal government and all others powers belong to either the states or
the people.

    The Bill of rights did not give the people any rights (our rights are God
given). Consequently the
    bill of rights was a specific restriction on the activities of the
Federal Government to avoid i.e.
    "Shall not be infringed (2nd Amend)". According to the debates at the
ratification convention in
    Philadelphia they did not see a need for the bill of rights as they saw
the constitution as a very
    clear limitation on the Federal Government. But many others who seem to
have a portent of
    things to come pushed for the 10 amendments as a way to clearly delineate
the limits of
    Federal Power. This is why Patrick Henry and others forced Madison to add
the 9th and 10th
    Amendment.

    "THE ENUMERATION IN THE CONSTITUTION, OF CERTAIN RIGHTS, SHALL NOT BE
    CONSTRUED TO DENY OR DISPARAGE OTHERS RETAINED BY THE PEOPLE." UNITED
    STATES CONSTITUTION 9TH AMENDMENT.

    "THE POWERS NOT DELEGATED TO THE UNITED STATES BY THE CONSTITUTION,
    NOR PROHIBITED BY IT TO THE STATES, ARE RESERVED TO THE STATES
    RESPECTIVELY, OR TO THE PEOPLE." UNITED STATES CONSTITUTION 10TH
    AMENDMENT.

    The Founders had a visceral hatred and distrust of a standing army. They
pushed a sense of
    the free American and armed militia as the Republic's defense. They
disliked centralized
    power especially of a central military. They created in the revolutionist
a healthy distrust of
    Imperial power and imperial armies. Now the image has become full circle.

    "THE STRONGEST REASON FOR PEOPLE TO RETAIN THE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR
    ARMS IS, AS A LAST RESORT, TO PROTECT THEMSELVES AGAINST TYRANNY IN
    GOVERNMENT." Thomas Jefferson papers, 334 (C.J. Boyd, ed. 1950)

    "WHAT, SIR, IS THE USE IF A MILITIA? IT IS TO PREVENT THE ESTABLISHMENT
OF A
    STANDING ARMY, THE BAND OF LIBERTY..... WHENEVER GOVERNMENTS MEAN TO
    INVADE THE RIGHTS AND LIBERTIES OF THE PEOPLE THEY ALWAYS ATTEMPT TO
    DESTROY THE MILITIA, IN ORDER TO RAISE AN ARMY UPON THEIR RUINS." -Rep
    Eldridge Gerry of Massachusetts, a signer of the Declaration of
Independence-spoken during
    floor debate over the second amendment, I annals of congress at 750
(august 17, 1789]

    I attended a Flag ceremony in city hall where I saw rows of flags and
solemn faced people.
    The Flag poles all had eagles on them. If one were to add a small
swastika in the eagle's
    claws this rally would be more like Germany in 1933 rather than America
in 2001.

    In summary I wish to raise your attention that while you focus on the war
overseas the war at
    home is just as important. On Sept 11 we have turned like the Roman
Republic before us to
    Empire. Prior to 911 we had an incipient empire and a formal republic.
After 911 the empire
    and empire builders come openly to the fore front while the forms and
walls of the republic are
    systematically destroyed. What will be left is a hollow shell of the
former republic and its
    institutions.

    ###

    Publisher's Note: Author Rafe Husa is an American citizen who has made a
careful and
    proud study of his heritage, which he clearly cherishes. He correctly
recognizes, as did
    Abraham Lincoln, that the only real threat to American freedom can not
come form any foreign
    power or combination of powers, but from within our body politic. cec

Write to same address to be off lists!