  =======================================
 CANADIAN TV AIRS
 EMPEROR'S CLOTHES
 'GUILTY FOR 9-11'
 EVIDENCE!
 by John Flaherty
 [Posted 5 February 2001]
 =======================================

 For the first time material from Emperor's Clothes series 'GUILTY
 FOR 9-11' has appeared on a network TV show.

 The program was "The Great Deception". (1) It aired Jan. 28 on
 the Insight Mediafile at Vision TV, a network with 2 million distinct
 viewers a week. Vision programs are seen across Canada and
 can reach from 100 to 150,000 people.

 Hosted by Barrie Zwicker, the program used research and
 material from 'GUILTY FOR 9-11, Section 1', the 'Update to
 Section 1, and 'Section 2' or 'Cheney's Cover Story.' (1a)

 After watching the program, Emperor's Clothes Editor Chris
 Black contacted Barrie Zwicker to congratulate him for taking this
 brave step.

 Mr. Zwicker wrote back:

 [Letter begins here]

 Dear Christopher Black:

 What a joyful surprise to receive your e-mail.

 Amidst the avalanche of e-mail I'm trying to cope with, I want to
 respond immediately to yours.

 I discovered www.emperors-clothes.com I don't know how long,
 maybe well over a year, ago. I learned to trust it. I have been
 educated and nurtured by it. And increasingly, inspired.

 So for me to receive your e-mail was a complete and genuine and
 gratifying surprise. I do not consider myself to be in your league
 as to investigative journalism.

 I was suspicious about the 9/11 thing from the outset. For me to
 be the first, apparently, to ask these questions on air is ridiculous.
 Big media should have done it already.

 [Regarding the information on Andrews Air Force base] really,
 there must be thousands of people who have first- or
 second-hand knowledge of complicity. Just take the number of
 people who live on Andrews AFB who know their interceptors
 stayed put until too late. I don't think they can keep the lid on this
 for much longer.

 Thank you, Christopher, Israel and the rest, for your wonderful
 work all along.

 Gotta run. I hope to be in touch again. In peace and networking for
 light.

 Barrie Zwicker,
 A producer and host
 The MediaFile

 [LETTER ENDS HERE]

 Here's the transcript of the part of the TV show based on
 Emperor's Clothes research:

 [START EXCERPT FROM 'GREAT DECEPTION'
 TRANSCRIPT] (2)

 "For large scheduled aircraft, tracked throughout on radar, to
 depart extravagantly from their flight paths, would trigger
 numerous calls to the military, especially after two have hit the
 World Trade Centre and now one is speeding toward
 Washington, D.C.

 "It flies over the White House, turns sharply and heads toward the
 Pentagon. Everyone - and I mean everyone - now knows these
 planes are very bad news. It's been reported on all TV networks
 for more than half an hour that this is a terrorist attack.

 "Now, Andrews Air Force Base is a huge installation. It's home to
 Air Force One, the President's plane. It's home base for two
 combat-ready squadrons of jet interceptors mandated to ensure
 the safety of the U.S. capital. Andrews is only 12 miles from the
 White House. (3)

 "On September 11th the squadrons there were: The 121st Fighter
 Squadron of the 113th Fighter Wing, equipped with F-16s The
 321st Marine Fighter Attack Squadron of the 49th Marine Air
 Group, Detachment A, equipped F/A-18s (4)

 "This information was on the website of the base on September
 11th. On September 12th, Andrews chose to update its website. I
 find it odd that after the update there's no mention of the F-16 and
 F-18 fighters. The base becomes, according to the website,
 home to a transport squadron only. (5)

 "Yet at 6:30 the evening of September 11th NBC Nightly News,
 along with many outlets, reported:

     "'It was after the attack on the Pentagon that the Air
     Force then decided to scramble F-16s out of the DC
     National Guard Andrews Air Force Base to fly ... a
     protective cover over Washington, D.C.' (5a)

 "Throughout the northeastern United States are many air bases.
 But that morning no interceptors respond in a timely fashion to the
 highest alert situation. This includes the Andrews squadrons
 which have the longest lead time and are 12 miles from the White
 House.

 "Whatever the explanation for the huge failure, there have been no
 reports, to my knowledge, of reprimands. This further weakens the
 "Incompetence Theory." Incompetence usually earns reprimands.

 "This causes me to ask - and other media need to ask - if there
 were 'stand down' orders."

 [END EXCERPT FROM 'GREAT DECEPTION'
 TRANSCRIPT]

 Elsewhere in the show, Mr. Zwicker talked about the Payne
 Stewart tragedy. As you may recall, Mr. Stewart's small business
 jet ceased to respond to Air Traffic Controllers. The plane
 continued flying on autopilot.

 Here is how Mr. Zwicker describes what happened:

 "9:19 a.m.: the flight departs 9:24: The Learjet's pilot responds to
 an instruction from air traffic control 9:33: The controller radios
 another instruction. No response from the pilot. For 4 1/2 minutes
 the controller tries to establish contact. 9:38: Having failed, the
 controller calls in the military. Note that he did not seek, nor did he
 require, the approval of the President of the United States, or
 indeed anyone. It's standard procedure, followed routinely, to call
 in the Air Force when radio contact with a commercial passenger
 jet is lost, or the plane departs from its flight path, or anything
 along those lines occurs. 9:54 - 16 minutes later -- the F-16
 reaches the Learjet at 46,000 feet and conducts a visual
 inspection. Total elapsed time: 21 minutes."

 [END EXCERPT FROM 'GREAT DECEPTION'
 TRANSCRIPT]

 There appears to be an error here. The National Transportation
 Safety Board (NTSB) report on the Payne Stewart tragedy (6)
 does not state when the military was contacted. Other reports
 indicate that it took half an hour for the FAA to notify the military.
 (7)

 Several sources state that planes from Tyndall Air Force Base
 were the first ones sent to intercept the failing jet. (8) But the
 Tyndall planes don't even figure in the NTSB report. (It also
 appears that the NTSB report does not state when the military
 was notified.)

 Moreover, the NTSB switches from Eastern Time to Central Time
 in mid-report. Barrie Zwicker reported a lapse of 16 minutes from
 the time Stewart's plane stopped responding to radio
 communication to the time interceptors actually reached the Lear
 Jet. But given the switch from Eastern to Central Time in the
 NTSB report, this apparently took over an hour. Again, this is a bit
 murky; it is possible that planes from the Tyndall Air Force base
 were dispatched and then recalled, and this is just not mentioned
 in the NTSB report.

 Emperor's Clothes made a similar mistake in 'Cheney's Cover
 Story.' (9) In the initial post, we stated that when Stewart's plane
 went off course, the FAA 'immediately' contacted the military. It's
 fine to make undocumented statements in general argument, but
 in a Summary of Evidence one needs to document matters of
 time as much as possible. Since it is difficult to be sure of the
 exact timing of events in the Payne Stewart case, we have cut out
 the word 'immediately.'

 In any case, the question of how quickly the FAA contacted the
 Military about the Payne Stewart jet is not worth a lot of research
 time. Regarding 9-11, the important thing is that the Payne
 Stewart case shows that, contrary to Vice President Cheney's
 assertions on MEET THE PRESS, intercepting planes does not
 means shooting them down. And as Barrie Zwicker pointed out, it
 does not require presidential approval to intercept a plane, again
 contrary to Mr. Cheney. These are the key points.

 The question of how long it took the military to respond has to be
 put in context. This was a small business jet plane flying on
 autopilot towards a low-population area. It was not a hijacked
 jumbo jet, one of four airliners hijacked on 9-11, of which two had
 already crashed into the biggest buildings in New York. And it
 was not the third hijacked airliner, which turned around in Ohio
 and was flying back to Washington, DC.

 Clearly on 9-11 the FAA went on emergency footing. Vice
 President Cheney says that after the first airliner hit the World
 Trade Center, the FAA had open lines to the Secret Service.
 Newsday reports that by 9:06 the FAA had ordered the entire air
 corridor from Cleveland to Washington, DC shut down. That is,
 the FAA shut down the route which, we are told, American Flight
 77 took heading back to the Pentagon. (10)

 It is one thing if the FAA or the military was slow responding to a
 small business jet on autopilot flying over unpopulated areas, and
 it is another thing for those in charge of Andrews Air Force Base
 not to scramble fighter jets when there was an obvious deadly
 threat to key US military and government installations, not to
 mention that Flight 77 was heading for an urban area inhabited by
 several million souls.

 -- John Flaherty

 =======================
 Further Reading:
 =======================

 (1) 'The Great Deception'
 http://www.visiontv.ca/programs/insight/Deception.htm

 (1a) The sections of 'GUILTY FOR 9-11' aired on Canadian TV:

     * Section 1: 'Why Were None of the Hijacked Planes
     Intercepted?'
     [Posted 14 November 2001]
     http://emperors-clothes.com/indict/indict-1.htm

     * Update to GUILTY FOR 9-11 Section 1:
     [Posted 18 November 2001]
     http://emperors-clothes.com/indict/indictupdate.htm

     * Section 2: 'Mr. Cheney's Cover Story'
     [Posted 20 November 2001]
     http://emperors-clothes.com/indict/indict-2.htm

 (2) 'Great Deception' Transcript
 http://www.visiontv.ca/programs/insight/mediafile_Jan28.htm

 (3) http://emperors-clothes.com/indict/indict-1.htm#b

 (4) http://emperors-clothes.com/indict/indict-1.htm#k

 (5) 'Update to GUILTY FOR 9-11 - Section 1'
 http://emperors-clothes.com/indict/indictupdate.htm

 (5a) 'NBC Nightly News,' "Attack on America," (6:30 PM ET)
 11 September 2001, "Tuesday President Bush returns to White
 House on Marine One," Anchor: Tom Brokaw, Jim Miklaszewski
 reporting.
 See transcript at:
 http://emperors-clothes.com/9-11backups/nbc911cover.htm

 (6) NTSB Report
 Accident No.: DCA00MA005
 Operator or Flight Number: Sunjet Aviation
 Aircraft and Registration: Learjet Model 35, N47BA
 Location: Aberdeen, South Dakota
 Date: October 25, 1999
 http://www.ntsb.gov/Publictn/2000/aab0001.htm

 (7) AP Chronology on Payne Stewart Crash
 http://www.usatoday.com/sports/golf/stewart/stewfs13.htm

 (8)
 http://abcnews.go.com/sections/us/DailyNews/plane102599.html

 (9) * Section 2: 'Mr. Cheney's Cover Story'
 [Posted 20 November 2001]
 http://emperors-clothes.com/indict/indict-2.htm

 (10) 'Newsday' 23 September 2001, "Air Attack on Pentagon Indicates
 Weaknesses" by Sylvia Adcock, Brian Donovan and Craig Gordon
 Web version (does not link direct to part of article with reference to closing of
 air corridor) :
 http://www.newsday.com/ny-uspent232380681sep23.story
 Backup with direct link to reference to closing of air corridor is at:
 http://emperors-clothes.com/9-11backups/nd923.htm#a

 'Map & Timetable for American Airlines Flight 77'
 [Posted 8 December 2001]
 http://emperors-clothes.com/images/maptime.htm

 'Map of Andrews Air Force Base'
 [Posted 20 November 2001]
 http://emperors-clothes.com/indict/andrewsmap.htm

 Frequently Asked Questions on 9-11
 http://emperors-clothes.com/indict/faq.htm

 Includes: 'FAQ #1 - Nobody was prepared for 9-11' and
 'FAQ #2 - Planes did scramble on 9-11. They just arrived late.'

 'Reader Says Emperor's Clothes Wrong on bin Laden, 9-11'
 A very interesting debate.
 [Posted 28 September 2001]
 http://emperors-clothes.com/letters/wrong.htm

 Join our email list at http://emperors-clothes.com/f.htm
 Receive about one article/day.

"In little more than a year we have gone from enjoying peace and the most prosperous
economy in our
history, to a nation plunged into war, recession and fear. This is a nation being
transformed before
our very eyes."

http://www.truthout.com

Steve Wingate, Webmaster