Title: Re: [CTRL] Fwd: HoffmanWire: "Passover Massacre": Racist Hype
on 3/29/02 6:53 PM, William Shannon at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

In a message dated 3/28/02 9:27:09 PM Central Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

So - it's not newsworthy that some dozen or 2 dozen people who had gathered
for a holy celebration, mostly not Israelis, and therefore truly innocents
here, were blown up by someone crazy enough to murder and suicide at the
same time.

In the grand scheme of things it's less newsworthy than the 200+ humans that were killed between March 7th and 16th by the Israeli Army, in raw numbers this is BY FAR the greater tragedy/travesty.

I think I was responding to something in the original post – the word hoax or hype.....
I do not approve of Israeli aggression, but I approve less of walking into places where civilians are gathered and murdering them – and that goes for both sides.

<<This suicide bomber used to work at the hotel he blew up. So in other words
he is happy to take Jews money, happy to let Israel give him a job, happy to
benefit, and then murder the same people.....>>

Was he really "happy" to work like a dog and be treated worse than one in the country of his heritage by an occupying force?

who doesn’t work like a dog? Besides oil rich Arabs, and US energy execs?

this is 2 questions – he could have taken a job in the Palestinian homeland of Jordan, if he didn’t like Israel. He could have gotten a job in the west bank, or Gaza, He could have gone and worked in Bahrain or abu dabi, or Dubai, where they happily mistreat Palestinian laborers every day. Country of his heritage is a funny statement, as the Arab world didn’t have these borders and this country Palestine – so by the Arab definition – his heritage is as much in Israel, and Jordan, and Syria, and Lebanon, etc. If you want a post British view of the area, so you can include Palestine – then Israel has a legitimate claim. Its very tricky

The point is he was happy for the working conditions in Netanya, which obviously suited him better than Bahrain or the Gaza strip. He was just as happy to kill the people who trusted him enough to give him a job.

<<instead of taking advantage of this situation, they spend
this rare capital on killing innocents, tourists, and holiday goers - it
will not take long for world opinion to slap back the other way if this
keeps up.... >>

What a few lone nuts do is impossible for Arafat and his people to control...that is clear to any fair-minded witness.
For Israel to blame these random acts of a few on the fringe is PROOF POSITIVE that Israel is looking for any excuse to continue the Nazi-like tactics.

I agree arafat cannot control all the fanatics. But then he cannot claim to speak for all the palestinian people either. He also could make a real effort to try and stop this, to call for peace in a serious manner, and actually start prosectuting terrorists himself (ie his govt.)

If American terrorists were blowing shit up in canada, I assume the canadian govt. would ask the4 US govt top do something about it, too.

Bill.

Planet spins - so do I
                           neo-sufi wisdom

NEURONAUTIC INSTITUTE on-line: http://home.earthlink.net/~thew