-Caveat Lector-

>From http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=27184

> "How can Marx be presented as the champion of all that is good and
> right in the world," asks James B. Whisker in the Journal of
> Historical Review, "when he was in fact so unalterably opposed to
> Jews and Judaism?"

And at http://marxists.org/archive/mehring/works/marx/ch01.htm

we find:

> With regard to Karl Marx, however, the situation is not quite so
> bad, for he was born in more peaceable times; but when a sister of
> his father died about fifty years ago leaving an invalid will, all
> the legal investigations to ascertain the lawful heirs were not
> able to discover the birth and death dates of her parents, that is
> to say, of the grandparents of Karl Marx. His grandfather was Marx
> Levi, but later on the Levi was dropped. This man was a Rabbi in
> Trier and is believed to have died in 1798. In any case, he was no
> longer alive in 1810, but his wife Eva Marx, nee Moses, was, and
> she is believed to have died in 1825. This pair had numerous
> children and two of them, Samuel and Hirschel, devoted themselves
> to scholarly professions. Samuel, who was born in 1781 and died in
> 1829, became the successor of his father as Rabbi in Trier.
> Hirschel, the father of Karl Marx, was born in 1782. He studied
> jurisprudence and became an advocate in Trier. Later he became a
> Justizrat and in 1824 he adopted Christianity, taking the name
> Heinrich Marx. He died in 1838 Heinrich Marx married a Dutch
> Jewess named Henrietta Pressburg whose genealogical tree showed,
> according to the statement of her granddaughter Eleanor Marx, a
> century-long line of Rabbis. Henrietta Pressburg died in 1863.
> Heinrich Marx and his wife Henrietta left a large family, but at
> the time of the testamentary investigations which provided us with
> these genealogical notes only four of the children were still
> alive: Karl Marx, Sophie the widow of an advocate named
> Schmalhausen in Mastricht, Emilie the wife of an engineer named
> Conrady in Trier, and Luise the wife of a merchant named Juta in
> Cape Town.

It's interesting that we note that Marx was supposedly, reputedly, reportedly anti-
Judahist yet when we look at his family history, to and including his mother, and there
seems to be no other reason for it than being intimately familiar with that to which he
reputedly refers.  I find it also interesting that when people are allowed to speak
about themselves or their "kind", there is a tendency to take such statements out of
context, as is apparently what has been done here given no reference to his real
background.

I can call myself anything I want but, if quoted,  my comments should be taken in the
context of who I am.  And only I may be aware of the blinds, devices, and disguises I
may employ.

A<>E<>R
Red River of the North
Integrity has no need of rules. -Albert Camus (1913-1960)
The only real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking
new landscapes but in having new eyes. -Marcel Proust