-Caveat Lector-

Tolerance and diversity are what America is all about.

Teaching people not to hate others based solely on religion, race, belief
system, or who they like to fuck is not promoting a homosexual agenda, it is
diffusing violence and hatred.

Personally I think the girl should be allowed to speak. I also think someone
ought to be given "equal time" to talk about why religious intolerance is
evil, and to discuss the religious agenda in our schools, and to discuss all
the evil perpetrated in the name of the church.

Then student should organize into discussion groups and talk about these
viewpoints, and learn to think for themselves.

Frankly - A religion based on the teachings of Jesus should be ALL about
tolerance and acceptance. Anything less is doing the master's words a grave
disservice.

(and don't pull out Leviticus - Once Jesus said eating pork was OK -
Leviticus stopped being an irrefutable source)

on 7/13/02 12:37 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> -Caveat Lector-
>
> The schools are teaching a morality.  It may be politically correct,
> but it is definitely not a healthy one.  It sponsors a diversity that isn't
> really isn't diverse, but straightjackets thinking and then sends it on
> its way.
>
> There are definitely not enough hours in the day to teach the
> complexity of ALL belief systems in a neutral way, and ALL belief
> systems teach that their way is right and others are wrong.  The
> schools have chosen a belief system, call it Diversity, and expect
> the students to follow it at least during the hours they are in school,
> all with taxpayer dollars.
>
> It's a little like Animal Farm where all animals are equal but some
> animals are more equal than others.  Diversity is taught as being
> "more equal" than others.
>
>> -Caveat Lector-
>>
>> How would this student feel about a student standing up and
>> criticizing Catholicism, the catholic agenda, and a religious
>> curriculum?
>>

>> on 7/13/02 7:45 AM, Tenorlove at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>>
>>> -Caveat Lector-
>>>
>>> What really galls me about this whole thing is that the school spent
>>> a whole week on this PC cr*p when they could have much better spent
>>> the time on things like reading, writing, match, science, geography
>>> -- you know, those hopelessly outdated ACADEMIC subjects. The kids
>>> got the shaft.
>>>
>>> Tenorlove
>>>
>>> http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=28258
>>>
>>> WJPBR Email News List [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>> Peace at any cost is a prelude to war!
>>>
>>> Catholic student sues school district
>>> Says officials violated rights by muzzling criticism of
>>> homosexuality Posted: July 12, 2002 1:00 a.m. Eastern
>>>
>>> By Jon Dougherty
>>> A Michigan-based Christian law center has filed suit in U.S.
>>> district court against the Ann Arbor Public School District on
>>> behalf of a Catholic student who claims she was prevented by school
>>> officials from expressing criticism of homosexual curricula. Lawyers
>>> with the Thomas More Law Center say Betsy Hansen, 18, who graduated
>>> in June from Pioneer High School in Ann Arbor with "the highest
>>> honors," was prohibited by school officials from giving a speech
>>> disparaging homosexual behavior. In March, the school sponsored an
>>> event called "2002 Diversity Week," the center said, which featured
>>> various events including oratory at a school assembly. Also featured
>>> throughout the week were panel discussions on a range of issues
>>> including race, religion, and one topic entitled, "Homosexuality and
>>> Religion." In her suit, Hansen claims school officials forced her to
>>> submit her speech for review, then removed "all references critical
>>> of homosexual activity," said Robert Muise, a spokesman for the
>>> center. During the weeklong event, Muise continued,
>>>
>>> "certain school officials also jointly agreed to prevent Betsy from
> [...]

The police aren't here to create disorder, they are here to preserve
disorder.

Mayor Richard Daley

NEURONAUTIC INSTITUTE on-line: http://home.earthlink.net/~thew