-Caveat Lector-

Boeing signs huge China deal
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/business/newsid_1574000/1574486.stm

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

(deleted, irrelevant text)

.....China bought the planes because China needs planes period. She
will attempt
to buy a projected 2300 planes by 2010.

Boeing and Macdonald were merged to handle the orders and to keep as
much of
the order from going to AIRBUS as possible. CAAC and it's
predecessor, CWM,
were part of the merger team. We were pushed out in favor of Goldman
Sachs.

The US should have realized the stupidity of the merger when we
(CAAC) were
told by Beijing to shutup. We tried to lodge objections to the merger
which
was for China's benefit. Warning flags should have gone up all over
the
place.

Who is the biggest, steadiest company in the US? Boeing.
 How much of  the US economy's growth is based on Boeing? LOTS.
What happens to the US economy if China buys a large order of planes
and then
refuses to take delivery or to pay up? Woops!

And we have Goldman Sachs and the Clinton Admin to thank for this
little
mistake.

Of course there is no problem as long as the China and the US are
friendly.
Companies that is. That friendly doesn't apply to workers. The work
transfers
to China. Costs are down in China and they have a growing economy.
The US
economy is mature, overvalued, workers are overpaid and unions
strong. Move
the company to China and if they do not want to go, maybe China will
cancel
the order. AIRBUS will take it.

Why would they not take delivery? Maybe there is a problem with the
planes.

What could be a problem? China needs the planes to be remote control.
They
have to be remote control. China has a great deal of infighting
between the
provinces. Theoretically some provincial leaders are more powerful
than
Beijing. The provinces hijack each other's planes all the time in
feuds.  It
is hard to hijack a remote controlled plane.

China is a leader in ROTHR technology. I laugh. I spelled it wrong on
earlier
post because I always start a friend's name which is similar to
ROTHR.
Changing between languages is disorienting

Boeing is part of the research team on ROTHR too BTW. China wants to
have the
world's largest ROTHR system. They want to be the world leader in the
technology. If they succeed everyone will fly to their software and
hardware.
They control the skies. They also can use it to consolidate all world
shipping. Pirate, drug dealers, dance to their radar frequencies

http://www.agu.org/sci_soc/prrl/prrl9825.html

Following is a brief summary of the Radio Science papers from
Berkey's
introduction: "The Navy's work in OTH is summarized in Paper 1 by
J.H.
Headrick and J.F. Thomason; an overview of OTH work undertaken in
China over
the past two decades is presented by L.-W. Li in Paper 2. Paper 3, by
S.J.
Anderson and Yu. I. Abramovich, describes a global algorithm for
mitigating
against the simultaneous occurrence of multiple distortion
mechanisms, while
the significance of FMCW waveform generator spectral purity in the
context of
limitations to OTH radar performance is discussed in the work of G.F.
Earl
(Paper 4). The utilization of known terrain features (cities,
mountain peaks
and islands) to improve the location accuracy of targets is discussed
in the
manuscript by J.R. Barnum and E.E. Simpson (Paper 5). "To improve the
capability of ship detection with OTH radar, B.T. Root describes a
coherent
sea-clutter cancellation method that subtracts the first-order Bragg
peaks
appearing in backscattered ocean spectra (paper 6). Using a Maximum
likelihood adaptive neural system, L.I. Perlovsky, V.H. Webb, S.R.
Bradley
and C.A. Hansen discuss an advanced detection and tracking system
that
provides improved capabilities in clutter-dominated environments
(Paper 7).
"Range-folded equatorial spread-F severely contaminates the ROTHR
systems
under certain conditions; a means of mitigating against what is
termed spread
Doppler clutter is the application of a non-recurrent transmitted
waveform,
as described in Paper 8 by M.P. Hartnett, J.T. Clancy and R.J.
Denton. Paper
9, B.S. Dandekar, G. Sales, B. Weijers, D. Reynolds discuss a
synoptic study
of equatorial clutter using the OTH-B radar system, which suggests
that
equatorial spread-F does not exhibit a dependence on the frequency of
operation or on the level of global magnetic activity. In Paper 10,
S.V.
Fridman describes a method of inverting backscatter ionograms that
enables
the three-dimensional reconstruction of the down-range ionosphere. "A
method
of rapidly synthesizing backscatter ionograms from a known ionosphere
has
been developed by C.Y. Ong, J.A. Bennett and P.L. Dyson and is
described in
Paper 11. C.J. Coleman has developed a simple two-dimensional ray
tracing
formulation which is applied to propagation problems encountered with
oblique
and backscatter radars as described in Paper 12. R.H. Anderson and
J.L Krolik
have applied statistical modeling of ionospheric parameters to derive
maximum likelihood method of coordinate registration, showing that it
is a
significant improvement over conventional methods (Paper 13). R.I.
Barnes,
S.A. Braendler, C.J. Coleman, R.S. Gardiner-Garden, and T.V. Hoang,
have
compared parameterization techniques used for modeling the
ionospheric
vertical profile with the goal of increasing prediction accuracy
(Paper 14).
"A multi-source volumetric technique that combines information from
several
sensors with TEC data obtained from ionospheric tomography to derive
three-dimensional maps of electron density distribution is presented
in Paper
15 by C. Biswas and H. Na. The application of OTH radar techniques to
measuring the spatial and temporal variability of the Florida current
is
illustrated in Paper 16 by T.M. Georges, J.A. Harlan, T.N. Lee and
R.R.
Leben. Sea truth measurements in the Gulf of Mexico are compared with
the
radial component measurements of ocean surface current by the ROTHR
Texas
facility in work carried out by J.A. Harlan, T.M. Georges and D.C.
Biggs
(Paper 17).

RELOCATABLE OVER-THE-HORIZON RADAR (ROTHR) - A land-based <A
HREF="http://www.sew-
lexicon.com/gloss_b.htm#BISTATIC_RADAR">BISTATIC</A>
ionospheric backscatter radar system that can detect, track, and
estimate the
composition of ships and aircraft at any altitude in a fixed annular
sector
of more than 60 degrees at ranges from 500 to 1,500 nautical miles..
The
transmitter radiates energy in the HF band (3-30 MHz).  The <A
HREF="http://www.sew-
lexicon.com/gloss_i.htm#IONOSPHERE">IONOSPHERE</A>
refracts this energy, returning it to earth and illuminating the area
under
surveillance.   The ROTHR consists of three radars having sufficient
separation between transmitters and receivers to provide continuous
bistatic
operation.  One radar- the <A HREF="http://www.sew-
lexicon.com/gloss_b.htm#BACKSCATTER RADAR">BACKSCATTER RADAR</A>
(BSR) serves to detect targets,
while the other two radars - the <A HREF="http://www.sew-
lexicon.com/#QUASI-VERTICAL INCIDENCE SOUNDER">QUASI-VERTICAL
INCIDENCE SOUNDER</A> (QVIS) and
the <A HREF="http://www.sew-lexicon.com/gloss_b.htm#BACKSCATTER
SOUNDER">BACKSCATTER SOUNDER</A> (BSS) - measure the characteristics
of the
ionosphere.  [<A HREF="http://www.sew-
lexicon.com/cyr_bibl.htm#10:2778">10:2778</A>]  ( View the <A
HREF="http://www.sew-lexicon.com/Logo_ROTHR.htm";>ROTHR Logo</A> )

In a message dated 7/20/2002 11:20:32 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
smileyund
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> --- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "halva_gr" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I am in small doses trying  to understand what you are saying and
> > refer you to my comments on message 10840.
> >
> > China bought four hundred million dollars worth of the very
> > > explain

> > > TO HIJACKING
> >
> > You are asking why China would buy 757's if they could be used in
> > operations like 9/11. How important are the characteristics of an
> > aircraft in deciding  how  probable it is  to be hijacked?
> >

> i am suggesting that these jets were pertinent because they may
have
> been outfitted with something special
>
> either that or it is also possible that boeing, with a spectacular
> commercial on september 11, 2001 is saying to the world, "buy our
jets
> or we'll cram them down your throat"

--- End forwarded message ---