-Caveat Lector-

On Sun, 11 Aug 2002, Alan Grimes wrote:

> Franklin Wayne Poley wrote:
> > > You know, I've unsubscribed from most of your lists too.
> > > I ignore most of your rantings.
>
> > "Rantings"? "Megalomania"? Any slanderer who wants to make an exit is
> > invited to do so. Ethical, competent scientists who can argue and rebut
> > and correct, using reasoning, are welcome to stay.
>
> Stop being paranoid.

How are you going to cure this "ranting, paranoid, megalomaniac"? If you
can do so online, I guarantee that you will get your article published in
the top psych journals.

> > > Perhaps after a few more weeks you'll be ready to listen.

I am only paying serious attention to a direct, straight-forward analysis
of my ESP-P menus word-by-word, line-by-line and statement-by-statement
which is the way you would treat the C code associated with it, when I get
the C code written.

Your mental illnesses PROJECTED online are a serious concern for others I
am sure. I would recommend that you be treated as "Alex" was treated by
the politicians in "Clockwork Orange" but that is a digression. Mind you,
the treatment of Alex led him to fame and fortune. Who knows where it
could take you and Livick.

In the case of the C code, if I were to run it through my cpp compiler
either it would or would not run successfully. Either it would meet the
necessary criteria of the machine to 'work' or it would not.

Ditto for ESP-P. Either it 'works' by meeting the criteria for (1)
programming comprehensivess and (2) plain language clarity, or it does
not. Allowing for the fact that it is a first approximation to the final
set of menus I would say it DOES WORK. The menus are in the R4P archives.

Any honest and competent scholar discussing this on R4P would do exactly
that. Either it is or is not an approximation to the set of menus Herbert
Schildt could write for the "smart automation" of programming cognitive
decision-makers or it is not.

> > I am always 100% eager to listen to honest criticisms of my work. When
> > are you going to start?
>
> Well, I was letting Livick do the talking. He was trying to get you to
> try to design an algorithm for producing the interaction you desired

Neither of you phonies even knows what an algorithm is. Tell us...what is
an algorithm?

. He
> hoped that in doing so you would realize that the problems behind what
> you are asking for are significant to say the least.

I articulated the problems in machine intelligence over several years.
I gave you a SOLUTION (in draft form) which is the set of ESP-P menus.
Expanded upon, ESP-Teacher (see [EMAIL PROTECTED] archives) and
ESP-Practitioner tell us one way OCW, like MIT's OCW can expand. If
thousands of college courses over the next decade take this route, the
result will be a huge machine intelligence available to anyone with web
connection, an ESP-Scholar more capable of answering questions than any
human scholar.

To the extent that "self-instruction" works like those of Aitken and
Jones; and Schildt (on intro C) succeed, automated courseware will succeed
even better.

 Once you have
> reached that epifany we can get back to business.

Smarten up. Any politico with a modest budget can put this out to
tender for hanging the code on ESP-P. Once that is done, millions of
programming geeks like you, worldwide are obsolescent. Geek-speak is only
modestly more sophisticated than the chatter of a monkey.

Any city clerk in Shanghai can then produce C code and programs from the
ESP-P menus without any previous training whatsoever in computing science.
Perhaps we can find a job for you and Livick assembling pencils in the
Shanghai prison system. Look where prison therapy got "Alex" in Clockwork
Orange.

> Linux has more source code than my brain.

That is saying very little indeed for Linux.

Sincerely yours,

"Just call me Frederick", from
POC
(Ministry of Machine Psychology)