-Caveat Lector-

On Sat, 28 Sep 2002, thew wrote:

> -Caveat Lector-
>
> on 9/28/02 1:07 AM, Mark McHugh at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>

> >> Hey flw
> >>
> >> Why didn't you report the baby who dies on the Jerusalem bus that exploded
> >> the other day? Jewish babies don't count as tragedy when they are killed?
> >
> > thew, I'm wondering, considering your viewpoint
> > (http://home.earthlink.net/~thew/Pages/Think.html), if you
> > differentiate between state-sponsored murder and murder by apparently
> > deranged individuals.
> >

> I do differentiate between them, but I don't support either.
>
> Not being the anarchist I was, at say 19, I do allow the state some powers
> beyond that of the individual. But only by the agreement of the individuals
> who make up the democratic state.
>
> I wish I could still be that starry eyed anarchist, but I've seen too many
> dangerous assholes who can not and will not abide to any social contract
> that does not have the oomph of guns behind it. Sad but true.

I was just thinking that the current US government
is going over a period of juvenile anarchism, dissing
all forms of international co-operation and deals,
and just relying on the power of guns. "You're either
with us, or against us" - spelling it the most clearly
from the mouth of the president.

The end-results won't likely be any different either,
though at whiles they seem to be looking for support
from their bed-buddies, the british govt.

Smart people can see the disingeniousity of the current
policy and it's long-term effects, but the inexperienced
and naive juveniles wanting war, who are in the helm, can
only see their own immediate interests and benefits.

It's like a kid who's got a knife or a gun, thinking
they can just go out and kill anyone. Brutal butcher
Sharon, still advocating they can go on killing and
bashing their opponent like he does, since the opponent
is so weak, and US believing and pondering on doing just
the same.

US and Israel governments are just like juveniles in
government form, with UK government a sidekick wannabe,
Israel being the baddest, and US looking and aspiring
upto him.