-Caveat Lector-

>From http://www.themoscowtimes.com/stories/2002/11/01/120.html

 Metropolis / Global Eye

Friday, November 01, 2002

Global Eye -- Into the Dark

By Chris Floyd

This column stands foursquare with the Honorable Donald Rumsfeld, U.S. Defense
Secretary, when he warns that there will be more terrorist attacks against the American
people and civilization at large. We know, as does the Honorable Donald Rumsfeld, U.S.
Defense Secretary, that this statement is an incontrovertible fact, a matter of
scientific
certainty. And how can we and the Honorable Donald Rumsfeld, U.S. Defense Secretary, be
so sure that there will be more terrorist attacks against the American people and
civilization
at large?

Because these attacks will be instigated at the order of the Honorable Donald Rumsfeld,
U.S. Defense Secretary.

This astonishing admission was buried deep in a story, which was itself submerged by
mounds of gray newsprint and glossy underwear ads in last Sunday's Los Angeles Times.
There -- in an article by military analyst William Arkin detailing the vast expansion
of the
secret armies being massed by the former Nixon bureaucrat now lording it over the
Pentagon -- came the revelation of Rumsfeld's plan to create "a super-Intelligence
Support
Activity" that will "bring together CIA and military covert action, information
warfare,
intelligence and cover and deception."

According to a classified document prepared for Rumsfeld by his Defense Science Board,
the new organization -- the "Proactive, Preemptive Operations Group (P2OG)" -- will
carry
out secret missions designed to "stimulate reactions" among terrorist groups, provoking
them into committing violent acts which would then expose them to "counterattack" by
U.S.
forces.

In other words -- and let's say this plainly, clearly and soberly, so that no one can
mistake
the intention of Rumsfeld's plan -- the United States government is planning to use
"cover
and deception" and secret military operations to provoke murderous terrorist attacks on
innocent people. Let's say it again: Donald Rumsfeld, Dick Cheney, George W. Bush and
the
other members of the unelected regime in Washington plan to deliberately foment the
murder of innocent people -- your family, your friends, your lovers, you -- in order to
further their geopolitical ambitions.

For P2OG is not designed solely to flush out terrorists and bring them to justice -- a
laudable goal in itself, although the Rumsfeld way of combating terrorism by causing
it is
pure moral lunacy. (Or should we use the Regime's own preferred terminology and just
call
it "evil"?) No, it seems the Pee-Twos have bigger fish to fry. Once they have sparked
terrorists into action -- by killing their family members? luring them with loot?
fueling them
with drugs? plying them with jihad propaganda? messing with their mamas? or with agents
provocateurs, perhaps, who infiltrate groups then plan and direct the attacks
themselves? --
they can then take measures against the "states/sub-state actors accountable" for
"harboring" the Rumsfeld-roused gangs. What kind of measures exactly? Well, the
classified
Pentagon program puts it this way: "Their sovereignty will be at risk."

The Pee-Twos will thus come in handy whenever the Regime hankers to add a little oil-
laden real estate or a new military base to the Empire's burgeoning portfolio. Just
find a
nest of violent malcontents, stir 'em with a stick, and presto: instant
"justification" for
whatever level of intervention/conquest/rapine you might desire. And what if the
territory
you fancy doesn't actually harbor any convenient marauders to use for fun and profit?
Well,
surely a God-like "super-Intelligence Support Activity" is capable of creation nihilo,
yes?

The Rumsfeld-Bush plan to employ murder and terrorism for political, financial and
ideological gain does have historical roots (besides al-Qaida, the Stern Gang, the SA,
the
SS, the KGB, the IRA, the UDF, Eta, Hamas, Shining Path and countless other upholders
of
Bushian morality, decency and freedom). We refer of course to Operations Northwoods,
oft
mentioned in these pages: the plan that America's top military brass presented to
President
John Kennedy in 1963, calling for a phony terrorist campaign -- complete with bombings,
hijackings, plane crashes and dead Americans -- to provide "justification" for an
invasion of
Cuba, the mafia/corporate fiefdom that had recently been lost to Castro.

Kennedy rejected the plan, and was killed a few months later. Now Rumsfeld has
resurrected Northwoods, but on a far grander scale, with resources at his disposal
undreamed of by those brass of yore, with no counterbalancing global rival to restrain
him
-- and with an ignorant, corrupt president who has shown himself all too eager to
embrace
any means whatsoever that will augment the wealth and power of his own narrow,
undemocratic, elitist clique.

There is prestuplyeniye here, transgression, a stepping-over -- deliberately, with open
eyes, with forethought, planning, and conscious will -- of lines that should never be
crossed. Acting in deadly symbiosis with rage-maddened killers, God-crazed ranters and
those supreme "sub-state actors," the mafias, Bush and his cohorts are plunging the
world
into an abyss, an endless night of black ops, retribution, blowback, deceit, of murder
and
terror -- wholesale, retail, state-sponsored, privatized; of fear and degradation,
servility,
chaos, and the perversion of all that's best in us, of all that we've won from the
bestiality of
our primal nature, all that we've raised above the mindless ravening urges and impulses
still boiling in the mud of our monkey brains.

It's not a fight for freedom; it's a retreat into darkness.

And the day will be a long time coming.

The Secret War http://www.latimes.com/la-op-arkin27oct27001451,0,7355676.story
Los Angeles Times, Oct. 27, 2002

Friendly Fire: Operation Northwoods
http://abcnews.go.com/sections/us/DailyNews/jointchiefs_010501.html
ABCNews.com, May 1, 2001

Making a Killing: The Business of War: Overview
http://www.publici.org/dtaweb/report.asp?ReportID=469&L1=10&L2=10&L3=0&L4=0&L5=
0
Center for Public Integrity, Oct. 29, 2002

Making a Killing: The Business of War
http://www.icij.org/dtaweb/icij_bow.asp?Section=Chapter&ChapNum=1
Center for Public Integrity, Oct. 29, 2002

Privatizing Combat: The New World Order
http://www.icij.org/dtaweb/icij_bow.asp?Section=Chapter&ChapNum=2
Center for Public Integrity, Oct. 29, 2002

Deeper Into the Big Muddy
http://www.consortiumnews.com/2002/102702a.html
Consortiumnews.com, Oct. 27, 2002

America's Secret Armies
http://www.usnews.com/usnews/issue/021104/usnews/4contractors.htm
US News & World Report, Nov. 4, 2002 issue

An American Invitation to Deter America
http://www.iht.com/articles/74614.html
International Herald Tribune, Oct. 24, 2002

Vidal Claims 'Bush Junta' Complicit in 9-11
http://www.observer.co.uk/review/story/0,6903,819932,00.html
The Observer, Oct. 27, 2002

Operation Endless Deployment
http://www.thenation.com/doc.mhtml?i=20021021&s=hartung
The Nation, Oct. 3, 2002

U.S. Weapons Secrets Exposed
http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,12271,821306,00.html
The Guardian, Oct. 29, 2002

The Rumsfeld Intelligence Agency
http://slate.msn.com/?id=2073238
Slate.com, Oct. 28, 2002

To Our Readers

Has something you've read here startled you? Are you angry, excited, puzzled or
pleased?
Do you have ideas to improve our coverage?
Then please write to us.
All we ask is that you include your full name, the name of the city from which you are
writing and a contact telephone number in case we need to get in touch.
We look forward to hearing from you.

Email the Opinion Page Editor [EMAIL PROTECTED]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A<>E<>R
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Forwarded as information only; I don't believe everything I read or send
(but that doesn't stop me from considering it; obviously SOMEBODY thinks it's
important)
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107, this material is distributed without
charge or
profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving this type of
information for
non-profit research and educational purposes only.
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth
shut."
--- Ernest Hemingway

http://archive.jab.org/ctrl@;listserv.aol.com/
 <A HREF="http://archive.jab.org/ctrl@;listserv.aol.com/">ctrl</A>