-Caveat Lector-

http://www.buzzflash.com/alerts/2002/11/08_Falwell.html

November 8, 2002

Falwell on Liberals, Abortion and the Reinvigorated Right Wing Juggernaut

A BUZZFLASH NEWS ALERT

BuzzFlash Introduction:

It pains us to bring you more of the crap that spews from Falwell's mouth (and
keyboard),
but it's imperative we know what the fundamentalist right- wing enemy -- and their
Godpuppet Bush -- is plotting to do with our lives.

Falwell first posits that embracing liberal values caused Democrats to lose. However,
the
truth is just the opposite. One need only look at the races of Kucinich, McDermott,
Jackson
and Pelosi to see that when Democrats stand for progressive and human-centered issues
like living wages and universal healthcare, they win and they win BIG.

More importantly, Falwell quotes Trent Lott in the right's never-ending crusade to ban
abortion: "I will call it up, we will pass it, and the president will sign it," said
Lott on a bill to
end partial-birth abortions. "I'm making that commitment - you can write it down."

Read the garbage below only to arm yourself against the onslaught of fundamentalist
right-
wing crap people like Falwell will be throwing for the next two years.

Lastly, we do agree with Falwell on one issue: he calls Bush "a flawed man." Right you
are
Jerry, right you are.

* * *

FALWELL CONFIDENTIAL

DATE: November 7, 2002
FROM: Jerry Falwell

BUSH WINS ... WHAT NEXT?

The nation's mainstream media has been dancing around the actuality of what happened
on Tuesday, when the Republican Party defied history by claiming unprecedented
victories.
This was a political mandate, wherein the American people obviously expressed their
trust
in their president.

Thanks to the leadership of President George W. Bush, who was willing to
put his political reputation on the line, the GOP message of permanently lowering
taxes to
stimulate the economy, bolstering our homeland defense and advancing solutions for
fixing
Social Security was heard by the American people.

Campaign for Working Families Chairman Gary Bauer noted, "The liberal media would have
had a field day spinning a Republican loss as a major black eye for the president."

President Bush understood the potential cost of seeing his endorsed candidates lose.
Nevertheless, he courageously traveled across the nation to advance the campaigns of
the
leaders who will allow him to pursue his domestic policies while also fighting the war
on
terror that continues to threaten our nation and the world.

Mr. Bush now has the opportunity to seize the agenda on Capitol Hill in a fashion
virtually no
one predicted prior to Tuesday's election. Even Democrats must respect this bold
accomplishment.

Actually, Democrats are too busy licking their wounds right now to appreciate the
political
juggernaut that shook the nation.

House Minority Leader Dick Gephardt is the first casualty, announcing he will step
down.
Democratic National Committee Chairman Terry McAuliffe will almost certainly follow
suit,
his political career possibly in ruins.

One of the challengers for Mr. Gephardt's job is House Minority Whip Nancy Pelosi - a
liberal's liberal. She reportedly has the support of more than 100 House Democrats. I,
for
one, hope she gets the job. Such a move would prove to voters that this is the party
of the
left. Tuesday's mass triumph illustrates that this is a losing scenario.

Apparently, Democrats have not grasped what actually happened in the momentous
election
on Tuesday.

Meanwhile, it is apparent that the American people want the Republicans to get down to
brass tacks in terms of addressing the chief political concerns that face our nation.

Senate Majority Leader Trent Lott of Mississippi has already stated that, with the GOP
in
control of both houses, the traffic jam of bills that has plagued Congress will be
broken. He
said that three legislative agendas must be immediately addressed: homeland security,
the
economy and - great news to Christians - partial-birth abortion. Outgoing Majority
Leader
Tom Daschle had refused to bring up a vote on partial-birth abortion after the House
passed a ban on the horrifying procedure.

"I will call it up, we will pass it, and the president will sign it," said Mr. Lott,
sounding like
the
statesman he needs to be, in an interview with American Family Radio. "I'm making that
commitment - you can write it down."

I can guarantee that if Mr. Lott will lead the Senate with boldness and clarity, he
will earn
the
loyal support of conservative Americans in this nation. Mr. Bush earned a mandate on
Tuesday. It's now time for the Republican leadership to follow his gutsy lead and
aggressively press for the passage pro-life, pro-family bills.

There's an important "what's next?" question for conservative people of faith, as well.

I know for a fact that untold numbers of Christians prayed and fasted over this
election. And

I believe God has honored our prayers. It is now our responsibility to fervently keep
President Bush and the Senate and House leadership in our prayers.

President Bush is not a savior. He is a flawed man, like you and me. But I believe he
is a
godly and upright man who truly wants what is best for this nation. He is following in
the
path laid down by Ronald Reagan.

Please join me in praying that God will sustain and strengthen President Bush as he
embarks
on this exciting new phase of his presidency.

* * *

A BUZZFLASH NEWS ALERT

http://archive.jab.org/ctrl@;listserv.aol.com/
 <A HREF="http://archive.jab.org/ctrl@;listserv.aol.com/">ctrl</A>