-Caveat Lector-

Congrats. He's a great thinker.

> I think you miss the point
> here. While all
> beliefs are traps (convictions cause convicts) knowledge and
> belief are not
> the same. Bob is the 1st to accept hard science fact as fact,
> not belief.
>
> Knowledge is not belief.

However, knowledge cannot create a material universe while belief can. Thus
the material universe is the primordial religion, if you will.

Since the material universe is made up of particles so small they cannot be
seen, and, according to Bucky Fuller and others , thus exists only as
energy, the "material" universe cannot be "known." After having been
"believed" into existence, however, it can be observed. Observation may be a
primary purpose of the material world.

>From the observation mode neither "knowledge" nor "belief" "matter."
>
> If something is known to be a hoax, it is not believed to be one.
> If I know 2 + 2 = 4 I do not have to believe it.

This is true from a linear perspective, however Fuller clearly demonstrated
linearity to be a faulty concept. A straight line, up and down, all
geometry, for that matter, are strictly hypothetical.

> While you seem to achieved the important understanding that believing
> something does not make it fact, you miss the equally important
> understanding that there are actual hard facts out there as well.
>
> Or so I believe.

Well, to dig out an old axiom, I know one thing for certain - that I know no
thing for certain. Thus hard "facts" do not exist and there is nothing to
understand.