-Caveat Lector-

"I urge all my fellow Americans to write their congressman
and demand that lizard shit be banned immediately."

New African High?
    http://www.drcnet.org/wol/264.html#lizarddung

An Agence France Presse (AFP) report filed from Kano, Nigeria,
this week takes the search for a new high to a new low.  According
to the usually reliable AFP, dopers in the Nigerian north are
using lizard excrement to get off.  The lizard dung is drunk in a
cocktail with laundry detergent or in a tea, or smoked with
tobacco or cannabis.

"I no longer have to spend much money on drugs since I discovered
the efficacy of lizard excrement," 28-year-old Kano resident Ado
Kabir told AFP.  "A lot of drug users are moving on to lizard
excrement.  It's easy to find and efficient in its effect," he
said.  "The effect is indeed exhilarating."

Kano preferred his lizard dung in a drink mixed with water and a
blue laundry detergent, he said.  "When mixed with 'blue' in
water, it produces a strong effect similar to the effect of
drinking strong whisky to excess on a hot day.

People who are too keen on their health boil the mixture and
filter it before drinking.  It has a potassium taste and is really
good," he added.  Another lizard dung fan interviewed by AFP, 20-
year-old Bala Abu, an unemployed high school graduate, said he
preferring smoking lizard turds.  "I finished high school with no
chance of going to college because my parents can't afford to
pay," he complained.  "I can't find a job given my low academic
qualifications.  Since I discovered the use of lizard dung I have
found peace because whenever I smoke it with tobacco all my
worries are gone."

Nigerian anti-drug bureaucrats confirmed the practice and are not
amused.  "We have adopted a youth sensitization campaign on the
radio and television to curb the menace," Katsina health
commissioner Yusuf Suleiman told a meeting to mark World Anti-
Drugs Week, AFP noted.

Kabir and his fellow dung-dopers remain unworried, however.  "I
don't believe it is harmful, because nobody has fallen sick from
its consumption," he told AFP.  "As far as I'm concerned, it is
safe and harmless."  No word yet on DEA moves to make iguana crap
a controlled substance.