-Caveat Lector-

11/26/02 10:58:51 AM, Nurev Ind <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>-Caveat Lector-

>> How can any Jew, Moslem or even Christian try to claim that Jews have a
>> completely separate gene pool from  that of  Moslems.
>
>Your delineations are fuzzy here Prudy. You mixing apples and oranges. Jews/
>Arabs are ETHNIC delineations. Moslems are people who are followers of
>Islam.  John Walker Lind is a Moslem. He and any Jew DO have a completely separate
>gene pool.

How do you know this?  Taleban John is a poor choice to begin with because he acquired
the religion.  (Talk about mixing apples and artichokes!)  I took it to mean that the
comparison was among those who ewere indigenous and therefore most likely to be
related.  But the point remains that unless every populations' pools are tested,
there's no
way for anyone to determine and ascertain this.  Unless -- of course -- the
information is
channelled.

>They migrated to the Turkish provence which is now Israel, Jordan, Syria, and
>Lebanon, at the same time that the European Jews began their migrations from Europe.

What?  Does everyone need to rub their eyes here?  Around the middle of the 19th
century,
the trend toward reestablishing a "Zionist" homeland came into vogue.  The great thrust
came with Tommy Herzl's little book and his expanded hobby known as "Zionism" that was
based, of course, on his impressions that so long as some people can't seem to get
along
with the Europeans, they may as well go somewhere else.  Disapora for ever.  I had as
much trouble with that book as I did with *Mein Kampf* (which espoused the same aims,
ridding Europe of some religious groups), neither of which I finished (so I can't
decide
which is the more vile).  (Excuse me while I insert some data here.)

http://www.cet.edu/earthinfo/meast/israel/IPtopic2.html
"""The demographics of Palestine began to change dramatically in the 1920?s and 1930?s
as
there was increased immigration of European Jews into the mandate. This immigration was
the result of several factors, most notably being the rise of Zionist ideology and the
worsening political condition for Jews in such states as Germany. Zionism (or Jewish
nationalism) is a combination of religious faith and pragmatic politics. The Jewish
religion
and culture are permeated with the symbols of the connection of the Jewish people to
the
land of Israel. The Jews consider themselves a displaced people living in exile after
having
been dispersed around the world. The concept of the right of return is central to the
Jewish
tradition.

"""Politically, there was a fear that growing anti- Semitism in places such as
Russia/Soviet
Union and Nazi Germany made it impossible for Jews to assimilate into the political and
economic structures of the Gentiles and therefore, there was a need to create a Jewish
homeland. This had profound effects on local demographics. In the 1880's Jews accounted
for about 6 percent of the population of Palestine, this number rising to about 8
percent in
1918, 18 percent in 1931 and 31 percent in 1939."""

>There is no genetic connection between Cananites, Jews, and especially Arabs who
>didn't
>really live in that part of the world. They lived mostly in the Arabian interior.
>Then they
>pushed out with the military expansion of Islam.

The bestest Talmud came from Babylon, no?  Anyway, they all are supposed to be
descendants of Shem, ergo "Semites".  But, again, how can your claim about genetic
connections be made?  More channelling?

And about your Phoenicians,

http://phoenicia.org/history.html
""" The Phoenicians, whose lands corresponds to present-day Lebanon and coastal parts
of
Israel and Syria, probably arrived in the region in about 3000 B.C. They established
commercial and religious connections were established with Egypt after about 2613 BC
and
continued until the end of the Egyptian Old Kingdom and the invasion of Phoenicia by
the
Amorites (c. 2200 BC). """

>It's not the STORY in the book that gives Jews the claim. It's the HISTORY that gives
>Jews
>the claim.

Long is the story and short is the history of the story.  The point remains that
Israeliens are
supposed to be there BECAUSE of their religion (hence, the "Jewish State") and to claim
that the book doesn't play a big part in the history is ... is ... unbelievable.  I
mean, like, the
Book of Joshua starts almost immediately with with visions of conquest of the lands
from
the Mediterranean to the Euphrates and this vision has been repeated in modern times
(like
right now ... in progress).

We got it right despite some people's being long on insults and short on facts and