On Thu, Dec 29, 2022 at 01:49:37AM +0100 I heard the voice of
Per Backman, and lo! it spake thus:

> I have stalonetray running in the upper right corner, after restart
> it is in the left upper corner. If I move it back again it stays
> there after restart. It also happens with other apps, but not
> always.

Well, in a quick glance at stalonetray, nothing in the window setup
code jumps out at me as being particularly odd.  I can't say I've seen
anything like that happening here, though I've mostly just got a pile
of xterms and browser windows, so there's a lot of clients I wouldn't
be exercising at all.

A common thing to test would be disabling EWMH support and seeing if
that hides it; there's no reason that would _break_ anything, but
stalonetray does seem to participate in EWMH conversations, and one
side or the other could be crossing signals on what something means.
Apart from that, it's probably down to bisecting or otherwise trying
out some steps to find out where it shows up...   I don't have any
good guesses.  Were you previously in the 4.0.3 release, or some dev
snapshot in between?

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fulle...@over-yonder.net