"For now, I'm blissfully running Xorg as if
  it'll be with us for another 30 years, keeping my head firmly in the
  sand,"

I am right next to you, head buried just as firmly!

When Fedora 40 is out and supposedly doesn't offer Xorg X11 servers, I plan
to do a test to see what packages are installed when I install ctwm from
RPM Sphere and whether it will work.