There are really very few things that bug me about ctwm.  There's one, though,
that tends to bite me a
little now and then, and it's the handling of menus that extend below the
screen.  Right now, that's
basically not handled at all.

So the trick would be to have menus fold.  If a menu would go below the screen,
it's split in two and
the first would have an item at the end saying "More...", which would lead to
the second as a submenu.
The second part is processed the same way recursively until the end of the menu
is reached.

Thinking ahead a little bit, one of the most common problems I've seen in other
systems is that a
continued menu reaches the a vertical edge, with each new fold overlapping the
previous.  If the "More.
.." item is at the bottom of each fold, it would be quite easy to find oneself
with a number of folds
popping up until the end of the menu with no possibility to see the folds in
between.  An idea is to
have the "More..." item alternatingly at the bottom and top of each fold.

/Richard