On Mon, 30 Jan 2006, Nadav Har'El wrote:

Hi,

On Sun, Jan 29, 2006, Matthew D. Fuller wrote about "[ctwm] Re: Small installation
issues, and a f.resize bug":
You mention the auto* tools, and although they are good and tested,
the result is definitely not portable outside of the Unix family or
operating systems, and there are much more that have X11.

As well, not everybody is a big fan of auto*...

I see now that lack of volunteers isn't what prevented autoconf from being
used in ctwm, but rather people don't really like it. I can accept that,
but I hope you won't mind that I just explain for one last time the rationale
behind autoconf and why most project prefer it, and then shut up on this
subject.

Wouldn't it be possible to provide both? Keep the Imake as the official one as it's better supported in most systems that can use ctwm and provide the automake stuff as an extra stuff for those who want to use it instead and we wouldn't have thise discussions why and why not and I think this is why we should...

--
     //Aho

  E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]            URL: http://www.kotiaho.net/~trizt/
     ICQ: 13696780
  System: Linux System                        (PPC7447/1000 AMD K7A/2000)
            EU forbids you to send spam without my permission