It wasn't a memory leak and it wasn't a buffer overflow.  It was freeing an
image that
shouldn't be freed because it's in a cache.  This free was a bit misplaced:

> [levitte - Thu Feb 15 07:22:15 2007]:
> Symptoms:
>
>   CTWM crashes when a second window is deleted.  Specifically, it
>   happens on the following line:
>
>       add_window.c:1771       free(tmp_win->HiliteImage);

It freed the image unconditionally.

Revision 371210d5d3676c591bded9ce2e9d2d68e3d6f04a seems to fix the problem, and
thereby
resolves this ticket.

--
Richard Levitte                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                        http://richard.levitte.org/

                                                -- C.S. Lewis