In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on Fri, 16 Feb 2007 16:59:30 +1000, Anthony
Thyssen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

anthony> Congradulations it is no longer crashing on two f.deletes
anthony> from the title bar button.

Thanks.

anthony> You can remove the  DEBUG::  lines for offset 'random
anthony> position' too.

Ah.  Fixed!  Thanks.

anthony>    RandomPlacement "on" "-23+23"
anthony>
anthony> Though with a negavte offset the first 'random' window
anthony> probably should be on the right hand side of the display
anthony> rather than the left.

Good idea.  Implemented.

anthony> Starting Wine/Lotus Notes Test.
anthony>
anthony> Okay.. its popup menus are still appearing 2 to 3 pixels to
anthony> low.

Hmm, that's about the width of your window border, isn't it?  Could it
be that Wine gets some window information it doesn't expect?

anthony> I also just tried the default 'twm' window manager with this
anthony> and it seems to take the exact same problems.

Ah, not our fault then, that should make it OK ;-)

anthony> This makes the application usless in ctwm, forcing me to kill
anthony> it and start up a gnome desktop to use lotus notes.
anthony>
anthony> Basically something very wierd is going on, that works fine
anthony> in gnome but not (c)twms.

Have this ever happened with another application that might be a tad
easier to find on, say, Linux?  Wine and Lotus Notes isn't really my
plate, I only use Notes at work, in Windows (because that's policy),
and grudgingly so.

Anyhow, I'm not going to let this issue stop a release of 3.8.  It's
time, and when I've released, I can give your problem more focus, if
that's at all possible.

Cheers,
Richard

-----

Richard Levitte                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                        http://richard.levitte.org/

                                                -- C.S. Lewis