In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on Wed, 6 Jun 2007 11:44:41 +0200 (CEST), "J.O.
Aho" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

trizt> One thing I wonder about is how important is it to be so
trizt> backward compatible that we do support some 22 year old syntax
trizt> for a window manager that I don't know if we do share any code
trizt> with?
trizt>
trizt> Maybe it could be time to make things more easy to see and use?
trizt> I'm not thinking of going xml (gosh I hate xml config files),
trizt> but as you, Richard, suggested.

Well, with my new syntax suggestion, it's still possible to retain the
old syntax for a while, possibly with BIG LETTER WARNINGS that the old
syntax is going to disappear with version 4.0.

The alternative is, of course, to just remake the syntax as we see
fit, release 4.0, and then watch the flood of people whose ctwm
suddenly doesn't work as expected.
Aho, I hereby appoint you as primary contact for that kind of complaint ;-)

Cheers,
Richard

--
Richard Levitte                         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                        http://richard.levitte.org/

                                                -- C.S. Lewis