I understand that doctors cant always take a patients hunch as a
reason to test them medically because of the cost... but at the same
time I'm not sure how they cant, when the cost to the patient can be
their life if it was infact something serious... I guess it just
really saddens me that our health care system is run on a budget...
that when it comes right down to it, it is about money.  Have we not
always been taught that you cannot put a price on a human life.. yet
it seems as though we do.  For example, we value the lives of the yung
over the lives of the elderly.  It is much easier for a 20 year old to
get a knee replacemant than a 70 year old, I think this is partly due
to the fact that they 20 year old is still seen as productive within
the economy and the 70 year old is likely retired and recieving
pension.. so they are already a burden (I dont actually think they are
but I think many ppl do).... But why is the quaulity of life of one
person put above that of another?