Movement is an important part of healing, ceremonies and
meditation. We see it in rituals in the form of dance, in the
movements of a healer, in the poses we take to meditate. All of this
is important for the healing of oneself, of making a person better
mentally, physically, and emotionally. , With the spread of
information across the world we become more aware of how different
cultures have different ways of approaching healing and meditation.
       People use different techniques and movements according to what
may work for them. With healing there is so many different ways that
different people use to heal themselves and others. Where I work a
women talked to me about different techniques she used to not heal
herself per say but to maintain a life where she was happy and
content. I began to take a look at those around me and took note of
what they did to “heal” themselves, or make themselves “comfortable”
in life. Yoga was a popular technique that focused the mind and
stretched the body.  There was also meditation, going to the doctor,
taking tons of medicines, working, running and more. So here is one
form of healing, ritual, meditation that I thought was important to
share.
       Tai Chi is a mind-body practice that began in China as a form
of martial arts. It is done for a variety of different reasons is
becoming increasing popular as moving meditation . It has a positive
impact on a person’s posture and form and a person learns techniques
and strategies that can be applied to all aspects of their life. You
move your body in a variety of slow, relaxed, graceful movements.
These movements flow into each other and your body is in constant
motion. In China it is used in all aspects of life and is a treatment
used in hospitals.  Although it began as a martial art it now is a
Nationalized health standard in China. It makes you feel physically
and mentally more stable and affect so many parts of a person’s life.
       I have seen it stabilize people who can barely stand because of
inner ear problems, and I have seen lives change because of it. As a
runner it got me through the healing process after injuries that laid
me out for whole seasons. We all have our different ideas on how to
heal ourselves or how to maintain ourselves mentally. With movement
and form through any way we can have an impact ourselves and even
those around us.