Ben,
>From what I've read about Br. Andre, who was a simple doorkeeper at
Notre Dame College, he would pray with the petitioner, give him a
medal of St. Joseph and ask them to take a bit of olive oil from the
candle burning in front of the St. Joseph statue and rub it
confidently on themselves, and to pray to St. Joseph. He had a great
devotion to St. Joseph, probably because he was a handyman like
himself.  Apparently, none of the miracles happened while he was
present, but after the people went home.  He never took credit for the
cures, but said it was St. Joseph.  To believe and to love was enough
for him.  I read that in 1916 alone, 435 cases of healing were
reported.

Diane