This chapter on the nature of Islamic and Arab health care I found to
be quite informative. I up to this point in my life have had not a
great deal of interest in the Islamic world view.  This is not a
result of views generated from the events of September 11th.  I have
just never really taken the time to get to know this way of life.
        I have during my life heard about the “evil eye” and what it has been
known to create in the lives of those who have been in the sights of
it.  The evil eye seems to be a “look” that is caste on someone who
someone “envies” for example the possession of  large amounts of money
or some form of accumulate wealth. The evil eye maybe is a means to
remind people that there is an element  of the “self” that doesn't
know when enough is enough.  I found this to be fascinating because
this example of human interaction seems to suggest that people can
influence the reality “condition” of a given situation. Or somehow
gain access to the reality of the future.  I believe that this is the
power that the churches of antiquity sought to conceal in order to
gain the will of the minds of portions of humanity.  If people began
to realize that some how they were at times in their lives conduits
for energetic expression and were able to some how make a connection
between expressions of god and the expression of the body then maybe
be all the human being  need to be presented with is the opportunity
to comprehend something that points towards what God or even the
creation of “satan”.
        The validity of adhering to a vision of reality that acknowledges
something beyond the   physical nature of the life on earth allows
people to expand their awareness of potential that is inherent in the
expression of the “self”. The evil eye represents an expression of the
maybe what can be called the “heart”. If a person does not have a
compassionate heart then they express themselves in a manner that is
considered “evil”, possibly.  Within the world that is created by
Allah there is much more than the light that come from that which move
that which moves. I do not claim to know more than I know but my
understanding of God or higher powers, places me in a position to have
some form of commual discussion between the influences of my life and
me.  Why deny that which is understood by the person individually.
Every one is given the opportunity to merge with the infinite, why
deny it for others.  I just see the “evil eye” as means to create
doubt in the humans intuitive tendency to “trust” in the will of the
universe.
         The advocating of a parallel reality that interacts in the version
that we as people know to be. The reality of the Jinn and its
influence on the reality that can be called “life”again make a great
deal of sense from the perspective that the human is capable of
working with energy.  So if the energy is accessible or ready for the
human the only thing left to do is initiate the meeting of the two at
the point where the human being becomes conscious.  This type of stuff
is ethereal and easily lost, with this in mind knowledge of life
passed down through the generation of a society or a small group of
families becomes stories as means to keep the appeal of the knowledge
within the story interesting to  the generations that will become.
This is where in this train of thought where everyone is given a
responsibility that is accurate expression of themselves and a means
of providing support to the world at large.
        The idea of spirit possession and the cult of the Zar point to a view
of health care maintenance that is much more all encompassing then I
see here in the United States.  The allopathic medical model seems to
have isolated the human body from outside influences.  The picture
that comes to mind is a body on a stretcher with minimal light
surrounding it. Claiming to gain knowledges and insight from ancestors
through the medium of dreams as the “zar” does a few things: it in
some respects gives credences to the validity of historical accounts
of  spirits or presences affecting the health or wellbeing of and is a
direct passage to the observation of the behaviors of a people in the
ages that have come to pass already.
        Do not people claim that truth's are revealed in a way that is clear
through dreams all the time.  The number of occurrences made public
would be greater if the people could count on their  personal
experiences not being disputed because the messages are not easily
understood by the  community.   I found this chapter in the texts to
be insightful because of its revealing of  societies and religions
that recognizes influences that are not entirely good or not entirely
evil