On 10/12/2023 9:17 AM, Jacek Migacz via curl-library wrote:

I am writing to extend my sincerest apologies for a breach of CVE-2023-38545 embargo that occurred recently. I deeply regret my actions, and I understand the gravity of the situation and the trust that has been broken. First and foremost, I want to express my regret to the entire upstream community for my behavior. I violated the embargo agreement that was in place, and I understand that such agreements are essential for the security and stability of the community and the project as a whole. I am committed to learning from this experience and taking steps to ensure that it does not happen again in the future. I understand that trust takes time to rebuild, and I am fully committed to regaining your confidence. I will be more diligent in my commitment to upholding community guidelines and agreements and will work hard to regain your trust through my future actions.

Thank you for your understanding.

Thanks for getting in touch. I am the author of that patch (made in my nickname Jay) and I heard it was released early. These serious mistakes should not happen but we know they do. We have all made our share. Anything you can do to lessen the chance of it happening in the future is very much appreciated. Cheers