The TestNetMetaDisabledModeBaseTestsAbs overrides some of tests that the
network disable config should use. For example, this class overrides the test:

test_cloudinit_network_passthrough

Which is a test that should be performed for the disable cloud config tests.
But I can move this override to the concrete class without an issue. But we
would need to override them on each Ubuntu version that we need to test this
configuration on.

Also, TestNetMetaDisabledModeBaseTestsAbs, has the implementation of the
test_cloudinit_network_not_created test, which checks if the cloudinit network
file was not created. However, this is not the case for the network config
disable tests.

This means that we would need to remove this implementation from the abstract
class or skip it in the network disabled config classes. Since the abstract
class is specific for the net_meta disabled mode, I think it would be better to
keep that test in the abstract file.

With that said, the network disable config tests would need to:

* skip the test_cloudinit_network_not_created test
* override the conf_file

Which are the two main characteristics that define the
TestNetMetaDisabledModeBaseTestsAbs class. They would benefit from other
network tests that are already skipped, but I don't think that this a huge
benefit.

But I can be missing something, so if you disagree, just let me know.
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~lamoura/curtin/+git/curtin/+merge/383785
Your team curtin developers is subscribed to branch curtin:master.