McAfee Enterprise
+1.817.637.8026
kent_landfi...@mcafee.com

On 8/20/21, 5:42 AM, "Gazlay, Jay" <jay.gaz...@cisa.dhs.gov> wrote:

    CAUTION: External email. Do not click links or open attachments unless you
recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

    Art,

    I concur with your point and path forward.

    Cheers,
    Jay

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Art Manion <aman...@cert.org>
    Sent: Thursday, August 19, 2021 9:47 PM
    To: Chandan B.N. <cnandakum...@paloaltonetworks.com>; CVE Editorial Board
Discussion <cve-editorial-board-list@mitre.org>
    Subject: Re: public reference requirement

    CAUTION: This email originated from outside of DHS. DO NOT click links or
open attachments unless you recognize and/or trust the sender. Contact your
component SOC with questions or concerns.

    On 2021-08-18 16:58, Chandan B.N. wrote:
    > This is no different than how Twitter users are seen as being responsible
for their tweets and not Twitter Inc.,

    I was trying to not bring this up :)

    I'd say Twitter is much more of a platform with highly independent
contributors than the CVE Program currently is.  Twitter might not be a common
carrier ISP, but CVE is not a social media platform.

    The author needs to bear responsibility for errors or bad behavior and
having only a CVE entry (today) is too much of a proxy.  Responsibility is
arguably more important than the content.

    I think the program has moved and is moving towards being more "content
neutral" -- the upcoming Services and potential ADP pilot are moves in that
direction.  I'm confident we can sort out some of the content quality
requirements, we need more CNA identity in place.

    I'll propose to table this for a year?

    Regards,

      - Art