Peter Crowther wrote:
From: Tony Hoyle Doesn't matter to us - since all clients are equal
if someone wants to do something not supported on one clent they
just use a different one.

*chuckle* I hope your product manager has flagged that one for
review.  May I suggest reading up on "the curse of knowledge" and
re-evaluating it?

I stand by it.  This isn't limiting their choice, just expanding it.

A cvsnt client can't copy a subdirectory, and svn client can. The cvsnt user has two choices (a) do it the old way, copy/add the files, or (b) walk over to the nearest svn user, ask them to copy it, and do an update on his own workstation.

People get stuck in their ways (this is part of the reason that evs is so nice, as multiple dev groups don't need to have an argument over whether to use cvsnt or svn or whatever, as happens currently).

So a hardcore cvsnt user would choose (a) every time. If this is a large tree they're copying it'll take them a while, but they can do it. Someone with a bit of flexibility would choose (b). They might even choose to switch their sandbox to something else permanently - which they can do without affecting their teammates or the project as a whole (except the time taken to switch, which of course might by itself preclude such an action).

Tony