I think that section of the migration guide assumes that you've already
imported the cxf bean definitions into your application. The cxf-* resources
include some basic CXF bean definitions which are necessary to use CXF
inside your spring application - like a definition for the Servlet transport
or the Binding manager.

So yes, you need to import these if you're going to use <jaxws:endpoint>,
<jaxws:client>, etc.

Regards,
- Dan