I have just tried to use the snapshot version (2.1-incubator-SNAPSHOT) and
it worked nice, so I assume it was a bug.

In my company (www.tomtom.com) we cannot release projects (we use the maven
release plugin) with snapshot dependencies and it would be really a shame to
renounce at cxf for this... and also I don't want to write a Spring mvc
controller for my rest services!!!! :-(

Would it be possible to make available a no snapshot release with this
problem solved?

Thanks,
Vincenzo Vitale.