You can try to run my test case ResourceInjectorTest[1] with mvn test
-Dtest=ResourceInjectorTest in the trunk\common\common\ directory.
I do not thing this NPE is caused by jdk1.6.
[1]
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/cxf/trunk/common/common/src/test/java/org/apache/cxf/common/injection/ResourceInjectorTest.java

BTW,  It will take my some time to learn about the spring AOP, may be I need
to ask the help from the Spring developer to resolve this issue.

Willem.