* via http://theMezz.com/lists

Infamous Hacker Becomes CIA Agent?

By David M. Ewalt, InformationWeek
Oct 17, 2001 (12:00 AM)

Notorious computer hacker Kevin Mitnick has found himself a new gig, and the irony is
so thick you could cut it with a knife: He'll be playing a CIA computer expert on an
upcoming episode of ABC's spy thriller "Alias."

"It's just hilarious, the idea of playing a CIA agent with my history," says Mitnick.
"I lived under aliases for years when I was a fugitive." Mitnick went underground for
three years in the 1990s after being accused of breaking into the computer systems of
several corporations, including Sun Microsystems Inc. and Motorola Inc. The law caught
up with him in 1995, and he spent almost five years in prison. While in jail, his case
became a cause celebre, as supporters complained that he was unfairly demonized and
the government insisted he was a dangerous criminal.

Mitnick will appear in one scene of the Oct. 28 episode of "Alias," playing a CIA
agent who has hacked into the network of evil organization SD-6. While filming the
scene, Mitnick had to act with prop computers, since the terms of his supervised
release prohibit him from possessing or using any kind of computer hardware.

"I hadn't acted before, and I thought it was a blast," says Mitnick. He's even
considering pursuing more acting jobs in the future, particularly if they're in the
same sort of "Mission Impossible" genre. His only complaint with the experience: The
show's producers made him cut his long hair to a more conservative Fed-agent buzz cut.

For meals, baking recipes and advice, visit VeryBestBaking.com
from Nestle.  Enjoy hundreds of recipes and baking advice from
trusted brands such as Nestle Toll House, Carnation Milk,
and Libby's Pumpkin.
http://click.topica.com/caaaduKb1dhr0b2EDp2f/Nestle