From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> Just had a flick through this month's FHM magazine.  Quite a large
> section on firearms, with some fairly balanced views including a swipe
> at some American anti-gun stats and some info from a
> criminologist/firearms expert.  The normal mistakes such as using 0.762
> when talking about 7.62mm.  Worth a flick through in your local news
> agent as this is one of the highest selling mens mags in the UK.
>
> John.

What???!! You are kidding of course. I have just bought this
particular mag a few minutes ago (I admit it was Buffy on the
cover that tempted me to buy it, I only discovered the Gun bit
when I started to read it.) and this was quite frankly a shite
piece of journalism. The vast majority of the "facts" presented
were totally wrong. Did you notice the picture of the ".44
Redhawk Revolver"? It wasn't, it was a picture of a 686,
backwards! It's summary on UK firarms law was totally off the
planet. I also hope you noticed that one of the side bar articles
was an account of their "Journalist" being taken off to a secret
range somewhere to shoot a Glock. I will be reporting this to
Plod as if this is true they have quite clearly broken the Law!

I think I will e-mail them and offer to re-write it for them for free.

Jonathan Laws.

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]