From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> My point regarding the shooting articles in FHM were more to do with the
> fact that a high circulation mainstream magazine was actually writing
> about firearms without having a swipe at us.  You have to admit that
> it's a bit of a change in attitude for the UK press.  OK, so they got a
> lot of facts wrong, when don't they?  Perhaps with some guidance, or
> encouragement that could be sorted out....  At least it's a start!
>
> John.

The opening line from the FHM article reads:

or the average American, strolling into the bedroom to find
little hank staring down the barrel of a loaded revolver, which
he found in "pops, draw under the dirty magazines", is as
common as obesity"

The usual bigotries such as Gun owners being irresponsible
and the link to sex are both there. Much of the rest was
wrong, especially that related to UK firearms Law. The
discussion of ballistics was, to be kind, simplistic. Their
definition of Hoplophobe is given as: "someone who shits
themselves whenever they see a gun. Known outside America
as "sane".

FHM should stick to what they know best. Writing brainless
articles about equally brainless half naked totty, rather than
slagging off the most Law abiding section of the community.

J.
--
I always thought the idea of a "men's" magazine was to
package a porno mag so that it wasn't quite so embarrassing

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]