From:   "E.J. Totty", [EMAIL PROTECTED]

        Your comment:

        [...]
        I've always wondered why cases from different
makers have different case capacities, in fact Winchester
Match brass (rare stuff) has a higher case capacity than
their regular brass.  Surely if they're all following the
SAAMI or NATO specification the case capacities should
all be the same?
        [...]

        I agree.

        I have also wondered to several of those
cartridge makers why they don't just renumber their
products not unlike metric tire (tyre, to you Brits)
designations.
        That is, a cartridge would have an both internal
and external dimension configuration figures, and that
would equate to capacity and profile.
        Thereafter, the powder/propellant manufacturers
would publish figures for both energy in ergs and flash times
to allow shooters to determine the types and amounts of
those propellants to use for any specific application.

ET

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]