From:   nick royall, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The SAS trialled the AUG back in 1981 and rejected it
in favour of the M16.  I do not believe they are seriously
thinking about it now, just looking around at all the
options again as one should.

Nick
Why me?
--
I know they're trialling the M4 and the SIG, not sure
about the AUG.  They're also testing ammunition as well,

This is a total joke really.  None of the Generals really
expects anyone but the SAS or the Airborne Brigade to ever
be involved in a full-scale battle, it's a situation of
"We'll send these blokes in first" and then they send in
infantry units to march the streets in peacekeeping
operations.  And what are the SAS and the Airborne
Brigade armed with?  A lot of Diemaco C7s and M16A2s,
some SA80s admittedly but I still think it indicates
what a pork-barrel project SA80 is.

What I want to know is when is the Browning going to
be replaced?  The RAF regiment are equipped with
SIG-Sauer P226s.  I suspect however the H&K USP would
be the frontrunner for a replacement.

Last time any Brownings were bought I think was 1986.

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]