From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> Another thing to bear in mind if you import direct from the USA
> privately -

It's no problem if you intend to keep the gun for life - but
if you ever want to sell it in the UK make sure it has been
proofed first - many US guns - both long and sidearm - have
no proofcert or mark - as far as I remember this is a
requirement here in the UK / EU if you offer for sale.

> Probably cost you as much as you paid for the gun in the first place !

David M
--
This is a myth according to Gary Clark, one of the Guardians of
the Birmingham Proof House.  If you import a gun from the US and

Gary has made some mistakes in what he has told me before, but
seeing as he is one of the Guardians, I take it that is the
rule.

Another thing is that the proving regulations do change from
time to time.

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]