From:   "davemilne", [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I agree, if your certificate has expired you are in
possession illegally.  It's a firearms offence. Whoopee,
another crime solved and another shooter disenfranchised.

On my renewals, Cambridgeshire, Bedfordshire,
Hertfordshire, Sussex and (I am sure also) Surrey, I
have always been asked to give up my current
certificate.

I always refuse because I need the certificate to
purchase lots of guns and ammo and of course if I'm
stopped with my guns, do you think for one moment the
Police will believe me when I tell them I have an FAC ???

One of the reasons I was given to encourage me to hand
over my current cert was they needed to know what guns
I had...........yes really!

I gave them a photocopy of my cert to help them out.

Incidently, I don't carry my certificate, I keep a
photocopy with my address blanked out. That way if I
get mugged they may have my guns but they don't
have an address or a list of the rest of  my stuff.

Mr Angry of East Grinstead
--
The Firearms Rules do require you to surrender your
certificate when you apply for a renewal, although it

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]