From:   SSAA, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

West Australian
17/7/2000
Break in victim rues rifle loss
An elderly man whose home was broken into on Saturday rues the day he
surrendered his rifle under the federal buy-back scheme two years ago.
He said yesterday that if he has still had it he would have used it
against the men who invaded his home and injured an elderly woman
staying there.
John Machen, 77 was alseep in his two storey home in St Kilda Road,
Kewdale, about 1am on Saturday when a man broke in and entered the room
in which 82 year old invalid Gwen McCorey was sleeping.
"I heard her start shouting 'John. John help me help me," he said.
"When I went to the door of the room there was blood everywhere and
someone had put a screwdriver to my throat and said "givre me your money
and your keys."
The intruder had stabbed Mrs McCorey in the head with a screwdriver and
threatened to do the same to Mr Macken, who has an implanted heart
pacemaker, unless he handed over his money and car keys.
He bolted for the front door and ran down the street screaming for
help.  As lights came on, the intruder and an accomplice fled.

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]