From:   "David M", [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I doubt it because (a) there is no demand in the US for such a device
and (b) it's quite difficult to do because the 4-round mag is a
rotary one.

But the 10-22 uses a rotary magazine and there are a number of after market
magazines available for it with up to 50 rounds capacity if I am not
mistaken?
Regards, David.

--
There are (or rather were, until US law changed), but the
10/22 is more of a plinker and target gun than the .44s.

Butler Creek still make the 25-round 10/22 mags for export if
you order enough of them.

I asked the people on the Ruger stand at the SHOT show and
the sales of the 10/22 outstrip the 96 by about a hundred to
one.  However, their old .44 semi-auto was extremely popular,
but it held too many rounds and changes in hunting laws in
the 70s and 80s put it out of fashion.  This new rifle is
designed with this in mind.

If it sells really well and some people start tinkering with
it for plinking and/or target shooting, I'm sure higher
capacity magazines will appear but I won't hold my breath.

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]