From:   "David M", [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> However, their old .44 semi-auto was extremely popular,
but it held too many rounds and changes in hunting laws in
the 70s and 80s put it out of fashion.  This new rifle is
designed with this in mind.

If it sells really well and some people start tinkering with
it for plinking and/or target shooting, I'm sure higher
capacity magazines will appear but I won't hold my breath.<

A friend of mine has one of the Ruger semi auto .44's. There is a distinct
disadvantage with it compared to the lever or bolt action Ruger .44's and
that is it flings the empty cases away into the bush so that a shooting
session with it quickly becomes rather expensive in lost brass! Even on our
local range it is advisable to drape a piece of towel over the rifle so that
the cases fall around your feet. All things considered I think I'd stick
with the bolt action .44 Mag rifle which is a lovely little gun.
Regards,
David.
--
We don't have the option in this country, with Ruger making three
.44s with the same mag. perhaps someone will make a higher capacity

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]