From:   "E.J. Totty", [EMAIL PROTECTED]

>I know in Canada they always allow people to keep things when
>they ban them, but they didn't in Australia, the argument being
>the same as here - compensation was paid.
>
>Steve.

        Steve,

        Yeah, they do the same thing in the US too, except
that we have a 14th Amendment that essentially shuts that
down: equal protection under the law.
        Which is to say that grandfathering is a divide and
conquer scheme, as it set the current haves apart from the
want to have.

ET
--
But no gun law has ever been struck down on that basis,
has it?

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]