From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Man fights bear with bare fists

A 64-year-old man punched a bear in the face after it attacked him, causing
the animal to run off.

Ed Craft, from Prince George, Canada, was awoken by the noise of his dog
fighting with the black bear.

Mr Craft told the Toronto Sun: "I stamped my feet and hollered and everything
else and the bear turned around and made a jump right up on the step at me."

The bear grabbed hold of Mr Craft's legs and sunk its claws in so he punched
the animal full in the face.

Craft said: "He kind of whimpered there when I hit him in the head. I guess
it startled him."

Mr Craft had a lucky escape with just a few scratches and some puncture
wounds.

Last updated: 15:02 Monday 25th September 2000.

Source: http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_68157.html

Kenneth Pantling
Bad laws are the worst sort of tyranny.
(Edmund Burkeá1729-97)