From:   Pete Ansbro, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I don't suppose we should any logic from the football minister:

> But Tony Banks(Lab, West Ham) who is against hunting, gave assurances that
> he, personally, would never ban angling. He said: "You don't hunt fish with
> dogs and if you are a decent angler you put the fish back. I am a coarse
> fisherman, as you would expect, and I don't think angling can be compared
> with fox hunting."

If it's cruel to chase foxes with dogs, it must also be cruel to catch
fish with hook and line, and for that matter to catch them in nets,
leaving them to die a lingering death on the decks and workbenches of
commercial fisheries vessels.

Pete

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

T O P I C A  -- Learn More. Surf Less.