From:   Pete Ansbro, [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> --
> In fairness to the police I don't think you can criticise their response
> in this incident.  He did threaten to shoot the kids.

Yes, with a brush apparently.

And taking this text as accurate, these really sound like the sort of
kids who go to Sunday School, help old ladies across the road and are
always polite and respectful toward their schoolteachers and elders -
Not.

Shame on the police for (a) not judging the value of whatever these kids
said in reporting this bloke and/or (b) shame on them again for not
having any discretion on how to respond.

What utter cobblers. My wife, a school teacher, comes home most nights
to recount this sort of "I know what I can get away with, and what
you've got to do" behaviour by pre-teenage urchins who deserve nothing
more than a clip round the ear by their parents from time to time.

Enough. Is it any wonder we're no longer a world power?

Grr.

Pete

List admin: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

T O P I C A  -- Learn More. Surf Less.